Will I Go To Hell If I Cast Spells


Will I Go To Hell If I Cast Spells Cover Question: Will I Go To Hell If I Cast Spells?

I'm not wiccan yet but I've been reading about it. I have to admit I'm a little nervous about casting spells and reading Tarot cards. I was raised Christian, and there's a part of me that wonders if maybe I'll end up in Hell for practicing witchcraft. What do I do?

Answer:

This is a tricky question, because wiccans and Pagans don't believe in the Christian concept of Hell. Not only that, most of us accept magic as part of our daily life. For someone who is a practicing Wiccan or Pagan, there's not really a concern about this sort of thing -- the fate of our immortal soul is not rooted in the use of magic. Instead, we take responsibility for our actions, and accept that the universe gives back what we put into it. In other words, for most Wiccans, magic in itself is not "evil", but practicing negative or harmful magic can certainly get us in a bit of Karmic hot water.

However, we also understand that not every spiritual path agrees with this philosophy. If you belong to a religion that does have injunctions against magic and witchcraft, and you are concerned about the state of your soul as a result of magical practices, you should speak to your pastor or minister about these issues. Ultimately, you are the only one who can determine whether a magical life is right for you or not.


Books You Might Enjoy:

Pamela Ball - The Ultimate Book Of Spells.pdf
Will Herberg - The Writings Of Martin Buber
Al Selden Leif - Pagan Spells Life Spells
William Godwin - The Lives Of The Necromancers