Candle Magic A Coveted Collection Of Spells Rituals And Magical Paradigms


Candle Magic A Coveted Collection Of Spells Rituals And Magical Paradigms Cover

Book: Candle Magic A Coveted Collection Of Spells Rituals And Magical Paradigms by Phillip Cooper

An excellent book full of nice candle rituals to perform. Some may not be to others likings there are some spells in here that do not follow the witches rede but there are some in every book right? I recommend this to anyone who already has a range of herbs etc as many rituals in this book require them. I've learned that when researching the subject of magic I cannot accept one book as The Way. My advice is that if you read this book, read others on the same subject and come to your own conclusions. The reason I'm saying this is that I've been doing candle magic without "the magic sphere" or many other things suggested in this book, and it's been working just fine.

As the author of this book stresses, it's all in the subconscious -- and I firmly believe the subconcious responds in a unique way to each individual with a few shared common rules (which are pointed out in this book). Cooper spends pages and pages mapping out imagery that he feels you should use. I say use your own as long as you are aware of the rules of handling your subconcious.

But that doesn't mean I hate the book. Actually I love it. I really love it when Cooper throws some modern Wicca-type nonsense right out the window. This needs to be done more often. I see where some reviewers are bristling at what he's done here, and it's not hard to see why because he ridicules some fondly cherished Wicca-type beliefs that are, as the rest of us know, nice but not necessary at best, and downright silly at worst. In that sense, in a market where the words "Wicca" and "witch" are being increasingly confused with one another, this book is invaluable.

I see total beginners as being intimidated by this book, however, and that's another reason I strongly suggest reading not just one, but several books on this subject before making up your mind on how to proceed. Cooper has a POV as specific as those of the Wiccans, and it's just as valid -- maybe even more so because it's solidly based in history and scholarship.

Like I said, my basic rule is, learn all the POVs (points of view) you can, then set out on your own. This book is recommended for its POV.

Find Phillip Cooper's book in amazon.com:
Candle Magic A Coveted Collection Of Spells Rituals And Magical Paradigms

Labels: coltsfoot spell  spell health  career spell  cloud rite  spell magnificent  pregnancy spells  english herbs nation  healing gemstones  life egypt  heathen values frequently  liber mysteriorum liber  alchemy array components  water magic