Self Defense And Banes


Self Defense And Banes Cover
SELF-DEFENSE AND BANES
Judy Harrow

I surely agree that we have every right to protect ourselves and our "own folk"
from attack. But I do believe that shield and mirror workings are more efficient, effective and elegant at accomplishing the goal of self-protection.
Consider this - a mirror working is perfect justice. If I am mistaken, either that psychic attack is being done at all or about the perpetrator, a bane will jeopardize me karmically and (if psychic attack truly is being done by somebody other than the one I suspect) fail to protect me. A mirror sits there passively, ignores any mistaken paranoia that I may occasionally get, does nothing at all until and unless an attack happens, and then sends the bad energy directly back to the exactly deserving person or group in exactly the proper amount and kind.
A mirror is perfect justice.

A grounding shield is perfect mercy, taking bad energy and dissipating it harmlessly. I think I already said this but I recently talked one of my students into using a grounding shield where she would have been perfectly entitled to use a mirror. The situation is an ongoing battle between my student's lover and his former wife. While the ex-wife did an entirely unjustifiable attack, and would fully deserve to have it returned full force, all this would really accomplish would be to perpetuate the craziness, hostility and tension in the situation - and both the couple's innocent children and my students are being hurt. Better for all concerned to ignore justice and drain as much of the tension as possible, to make room for the healing that all of them need. A grounding shield is perfect mercy.

But banes and bindings, while they may give short term protection, risk your own karma, are susceptible to mistake, and may, if misdirected, even fail of their well-intended purpose. Sure you're entitled to self-protection. This is just a lousy way to go about it. I guess my kind of Warrior is Athena, the wise defender.
warmly / Judy

Recommended books (free to download):

Anonymous - Wicca Beliefs And Practices
Howard Phillips Lovecraft - Selected Novels
Dion Fortune - Psychic Self Defense

Labels: ritual sanctum regnum  firefly wiccan advancement  coven spell  fidelity spell  attract visitors  simple salt ring  spell fading  career care spell  wicca heritage ritual  works real miraculous  warlock sketches version